Simon Schreier – President
Simon Schreier was born in South Africa and descends from three generations of engineers, contractors, and developers. He has, therefore, been involved in construction and related fields his entire life. He has international construction and management experience from South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Simon is a graduate of the University of the Witwatersrand Johannesburg, South Africa with an honors degree in quantity surveying / Construction Management. He is a member of several professional organizations including The American Association of Cost Engineers, The Association of South African Quantity Surveyors and also holds a California State Contractors License.
Simon began his career as a quantity surveyor with Farrow Liang, the largest professional quantity-surveying firm in the Southern Hemisphere. At Farrow Liang in South Africa, his clients included Anglo American Corporation, Goode Hoop Coal Mine and De Beers Diamond Mine in Botswana, along with Barclay’s Real Estate division housing development. Simon then moved to London where he worked on the expansion of Heathrow International Airport for a subsidiary of Farrow Liang.
Upon immigrating to the United States, he worked as a senior project manager for Amir Development, Sumitomo Construction America, Inc. and Auerbach Construction. He was directly responsible for numerous commercial, office, retail, industrial, bio-medical, medical and multi-family projects. This provides Simon with a broad range of technical and managerial skills as well as an intimate knowledge of the construction business.
Paul Nelson – Project Manager
Paul Nelson has more than sixteen years experience involving investigation of steel, concrete, wood, and masonry buildings, and including insurance and litigation investigation, due diligence building evaluation, Probable Maximum Loss (PML) analysis, forensic analysis, and Building design.
Paul was senior project engineer for Khatri International, Inc., consulting Civil and Structural Engineers, in Pasadena, California. Major engineering and design work included:
- Several hundred reports involving investigation, analysis and testing of earthquake damaged buildings
- Design and retrofit of the fire destroyed roof diaphragm portion of masonry industrial buildings
- Design and retrofit of fire damaged residences, one a complex gabled roof in a Victorian structure listed on the historical register
- Structural analysis and seismic retrofit design and strengthening of the concrete deck portion of a subterranean garage using Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP)
- Structural design and retrofit mitigation of structural construction defects for three large condominium complexes, one of which included 18 different designs
- Design of steel frame mezzanine for one-story concrete tilt-up industrial structure
In addition to technical Engineering experience, Paul has worked with S. Schreier & Associates, Inc. for approximately ten (10) years in the management of general construction, administration of contract documents, due diligence, building evaluation, and materials quantity surveying.
Paul has a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, and is a registered licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of California.
Paul is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), the Structural Engineering Institute (SEI), and the Construction Institute (CI).